NHS Blood Drive
March 30, 2023
Treynor National Honor Society Students are hosting the annual Red Cross Blood Drive at Treynor High School on Thursday, March 30, 2023. The event will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the East Gymnasium. Contact an NHS student, Cory Young (712-487-3414 X1121) or call 800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767) to schedule an appointment. You can also go to redcrossblood.org and enter Cardinals to schedule your visit. Visit the Rapid Pass webpage on the day of your donation to save yourself some time.
Your donation helps the school earn a scholarship for one or more graduating seniors.
Download their flyer for more information. You can also read the Red Cross article "How to prepare for a Great Donor Experience".
Facts about Blood Needs:
* Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood and/or platelets.
* One donation can help save more than one life.
* A single-car accident victim can require as many as 100 units of blood.
* Blood and platelets cannot be manufactured; they can only come from volunteer donors.
* The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
* Nearly 5,000 units of platelets and 6,5000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
* Approximately 29,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
Please consider donating during our Blood Drive.